Kelly Services Research Associate - Molecular Analytics in Seattle, Washington
Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as a Research Associate at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Seattle.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position ( Brooke.Schoen@kellyservices.com ) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Job Title: Research Associate - Molecular Analytics
Pay: $32.14 per hour
The Research Associate will help facilitate the development of molecular methods (e.g. qPCR) that characterize vector integration of autologous and allogenic cell therapies which are currently undergoing clinical trials, including CAR T cell products. The Research Associate will be able to execute and analyze experiments with some oversight that lead to the development of robust analytical methods. The Research Associate will have the responsibility for developing highly impactful methods, including QC methods for lot release testing as well as extended characterization methods that support process development and comparability assessments. These methods will be used to further understanding of cell therapies, support development of the manufacturing processes, and/or QC release of the drug product. The Research Associate will have hands-on experience in assay development and will interested in projects requiring close collaboration with other groups, such as discovery research, product sciences, process development, and QC. The Research Associate will be passionate about developing novel medicines, thrive in an intellectually challenging environment, and enjoy collaborating with a team of likeminded Scientists.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• DNA & RNA isolation from cellular material
• Quantification of DNA/RNA by qPCR
• Preparation of critical reagents
• Ability to execute experiments with limited guidance and supervision
• Maintain meticulous laboratory notebooks
• Help author, review and approve technical documents, including methods, protocols, reports, and SOPs
• Understand of ICH/FDA/EMEA best practices and current thinking.
• Facilitate smooth operation of the laboratory, including ordering, assisting in the cryopreservation of cellular material, sample management, etc.
Required Competencies :
• Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• BS with 0 to 3 years of relevant industry experience with DNA based method design and execution.
• Good understanding of basic molecular techniques (e.g. qPCR)
• Genomic DNA and RNA extraction experience using both column and bead-based techniques
• Experienced with cell culture, primary human cells, and cryopreservation.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Work effectively in a collaborative team setting
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with frequent changes in priorities
• Automation experience
• Single cell RNA sequencing
• Multi-dimensional analyses
• Working knowledge of electronic laboratory notebook software
• Experience with Design of Experiment (DoEs) using JMP or equivalent statistical software.
• Experienced with authoring and revising test methods, protocols, and technical reports.
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com .
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)