Seattle Children's Hospital Postdoctoral Fellow - PhD (Parish Lab) in Seattle, Washington
TB remains a serious global health problem and there is an urgent need for new therapeutic agents. The Parish Lab (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanya-parish-a564056/) is looking for a post-doctoral scientist to work on a tuberculosis drug discovery project. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary research environment, interacting with chemists and microbiologists on multiple projects. The candidate will work on a research project to develop novel inhibitors of respiration in the global human pathogen Mycobacterium tuberculosis; they will also conduct research into mode of action of new inhibitors.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Conduct a research and development project
• Design and implement research plans
• Troubleshoot and solve experimental and technical problems
• Prepare and present papers, reports, and presentations of current research work
• Write manuscripts and assist with grant preparation
• Oversee quality control and data integrity
• May supervise one or more research assistants
Specific duties include:
• Work under Biosafety Level 3 conditions with Mycobacterium tuberculosis
• Characterization and development of small molecules as candidate anti-tubercular agents using a wide range of microbiological and cellular assays.
• Determine mechanism of kill and resistance mechanisms for new anti-tubercular agents targeting respiration.
• Conduct in vitro drug combination studies with new anti-tubercular agents.
PhD in specialty area from an accredited university training program
Experience using basic research techniques of specialty area
Previous experience conducting research in the pediatric arena
Experience in protocol and manuscript development and in grant writing
External Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow - PhD (Parish Lab)
Job ID / Requisition Number: 2020-35389
FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0 FTE (80 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)
Name: Global Infectious Disease
Shift: Day Shift
Street: 307 Westlake Ave N