Albertsons GM/HBC Manager in SEATTLE, Washington
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed division customer service goals.
· Plans, organizes and directs day-to-day operations of the General Merchandise (GM) and Lobby Departments. Conducts daily inspections of all GM sections and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality, code date standards, sanitation, safety and security requirements. Maintains orderly and in stock conditions in back room and all GM and Lobby Department areas.
· Implements Company and Division operating and merchandising policies and practices for the GM and Lobby Departments. Controls shrink and damage to products.
· Establishes GM and Lobby Department operating procedures as required for implementation of Company and Division policies and procedures and/or Store Director directives. Implements emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunction.
· Orders GM product and maintains inventory levels according to Division directives. In some areas, may order Lobby product, as well. Supervises the processing of all reclamation.
· Supervises and participates in receiving, storing, stocking, pricing and merchandising of all general merchandise products. May utilize hand trucks, pallet jacks, compactor and the baler. Handles positive customer, vendor and associate relations. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
· May schedule GM Department associates to ensure adequate coverage and service levels. In some areas may schedule Lobby associates, as well. Directs, motivates, trains and participates in the hiring, transfer and selection of all GM Department
personnel. Ensures that all associates are instructed in the proper performance of work duties and knowledgeable about Company policies and procedures.
· Monitors associate performance and effectively recommends personnel action such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary action. Builds and maintains associate morale. Resolves associate complaints where appropriate and reports action taken to Store Director. Immediately reports any potential serious policy violations, for matters including but not limited to working off the clock, harassment, food safety and sanitation, discrimination etc. to the Store Director and assists in appropriate handling. Identifies and trains associates with high potential for advancement opportunities. Receives and effectively resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director, as appropriate.
· May fill in for other departments, as needed.
· Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately.
· Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales, and Company information. Maintains accurate department records.
· Communicates sales goals, department performance and sales opportunities to department associates and other members of management to ensure positive results.
· Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity and in compliance with Company policies, practices and procedures.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
· Interfaces with and provide feedback and recommendations to the Store Director, District Sales Manager or Director of Operations, and Division management teams on operational issues. Interacts effectively with all levels of personnel.
· Requires a retail background. Requires a thorough understanding of overall Company practices, policies and procedures.
· Requires strong written and oral communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people, and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers. Basic knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices required.
· Requires the ability to identify needs, problems, and opportunities and to make effective short and long term plans and implement them to maximize sales and gross margins. Requires basic knowledge of every position in the store.
· Requires knowledge of basic math and accounting and computer software. Requires knowledge of and compliance with state, local and federal regulations. Must have extensive working knowledge of profit and loss statements. Must have knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures, including equipment and computer software malfunctions.
· Must stand and walk for long periods of time. Reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs. Pushes and
pulls fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. Covers for various positions throughout the store as required.
· Mental alertness is required to ensure safe, accurate completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
· Must be friendly and courteous. Must take initiative and maintain composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well as have the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and customer complaints.
· Occasional travel, including overnight travel, may be required. Will be required to often work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
· Complies with and ensures compliance with Company grooming standards and dress code.
· Utilizes cleaning supplies and chemicals, and safety cutters.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled