Novartis Pharmaceuticals Area Business Leader- Neuroscience – Seattle WA - Remote in Seattle, Washington
More than 10 Million people suffer from migraine. At Novartis, our product has been prescribed to nearly 200,000 patients since launch in the US.
This is a remote role.
The Area Business Leader will be responsible for the hiring, training & development of Sales Specialists, performance evaluation and compensation, and efficient and effective account targeting and coverage. This position will require a strong ability to work cross-functionally with mass-market customer business units, Regional Account Managers, and the therapeutic business units. Incumbents will need to fully understand the Neuroscience market, develop actionable business plans for their geography, participate in the formulation of National strategy and programs and implement National and Area strategy. The position will require travel in order to maintain contact with the various customer groups as well as attendance at key conventions and programs.
The position covers: Alaska, Montana, Idaho, N/S Dakota, Washington, Oregon.
Area Business Leader- Neuroscience – Seattle WA - Remote
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Business related discipline).
• 5 or more years of Pharmaceutical Sales Experience.
• 2 or more years of Pharmaceutical Sales Management experience.
• Current Novartis associates that have successfully completed the Novartis Sales Management Development Program (SMDP) are eligible.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment. Demonstrated ability to increase sales through facilitating relationships between Managed Care institutions. Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a group towards meeting and exceeding objectives. Strong leadership, planning and organization, and problem solving and decision-making skills.
• 2 or more years of Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales and/or management experience in Neuroscience.
• Experience in NS/MS selling biologics/specialty product(s) with a complex distribution pathway (specialty pharmacy, reimbursement specialists). 2 years was in a specialty pharmaceutical /biotech sales within the last 5 years.
• Internal candidates must be in their current position for at least 1 year, reside within or 50 miles from edge of territory. All candidates must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; with a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
Why Consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.