Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer/Product Owner in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Description: Would you like to be a part of a diverse and growing
systems engineering team which contributes to the
development of a system which is critical to our
National Defense? The Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications Experimentation Laboratory (C2BMC X-Lab) is a very fast paced and dynamic environment. The X-Lab is responsible for developing and integrating future-capability prototypes for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) including Sensor/Weapon Integration, Algorithm Development, User Interface Development and other critical leading-edge missile defense technologies.
As the X-Labs Product Owner (similar to SAFe Product Manager), a candidate will be responsible for driving value delivery of a complex missile defense command and control experimental systems. The candidate will perform the following tasks: - Specify stakeholder needs to drive the frequent delivery of value to the customer - Coordinate and prioritize needs for multiple Task Orders across multiple Product Teams - Contribute to the overall C2BMC Program Roadmap - Assess progress and report status to Leadership - Act as the technical interface with the Government - Manage stakeholder expectations - Work with other Product Teams to plan and execute C2BMC X-Lab releases - Interface with other product teams and Technical Leadership Teams and communicate priorities to the Product Team - Support preparation and presentation of briefings and demonstrations to customer. The candidate is required to support the accomplishment of Earned Value Management, by working closely with the CAMs providing the supporting information to assess EV performance, and prepare variances and ETCs.
***ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE***
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Must have 5-10 years experience leading and managing cross functional teams in the development and integration of distributed, real-time software systems.
• Demonstrated experience in performing stakeholder management in a large, complex Development program.
• Leadership experience with full life cycle development on large, integrated DoD systems, including requirements development and interpretation, design, implementation and test, fielding and maintenance.
• Demonstrated experience as either a Product Manager or a Product Owner.
• Demonstrated experience specifying customer needs and managing customer priorities.
• Experience with Ballistic Missile Defense System
(BMDS), C2BMC, or other interface elements of C2BMC.
• Experience working with a DoD customer to perform
formal Peer Reviews.
• Experience working on research and Development
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.