Robert Half International Senior Accountant in Sarasota, Florida
Are you looking for a challenging career in accounting that offers great benefits, paid time off, bonus structure, work-life balance and time to focus on career development? Does change excite you and do you enjoy process improvement?
This is a salaried, career opportunity working internally on our consulting team. It’s a rewarding career for anyone looking for varied work that offers a way to gain more experience in new software’s, industries and areas in accounting. It’s an exclusive career opportunity unique only to Robert Half and we’re looking for individuals who don’t shy away from a challenge.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance. This position offers you great long-term potential and a strong compensation and benefits package. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support the firm's continued success.
Position requires a self-starter who works well under pressure, must have solid computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and vlookup’s and pivot tables are required. Experience with a variety of other accounting softwares such as Great Plains, Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, Abila, MAS or QuickBooks as well.
• Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables primarily in the compensation area (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
• Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
• Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests.
• Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
• Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors
• Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
• Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Ad-hoc projects as necessary
For more information on this unique career position offered exclusively through Accountemps Salaried Professional Service, please send your resume to Tesa.Harris@accountemps.com.
Accountemps Salaried Professional Service is the premier provider of accounting and finance professionals on a long-term and recurring basis. Our salaried professionals are employees of Accountemps and receive “Fortune 500” quality benefits, and paid vacations/holidays. We can offer you challenging job opportunities in various industries, new skills development and occasional travel if desired. As an Accountemps Salaried Professional, you don’t just do fill-in work; you have an opportunity to be a part of different teams working on diverse projects.
• BA/BS in Accounting
• 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience
• Oracle 11i or higher, or other ERP system experience
• Strong Excel skills required
• Accounting experience in publicly traded company a plus
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
• Hyperion systems – Essbase/Smartview experience a plus
• Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
• Equipment lease accounting experience
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $54,000.00 - $58,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Sarasota, FL
Date Posted: April 3, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01050-9502532217
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance