Amazon Web Services Business Development Manager Americas, SAP on AWS in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
AWS and SAP have been collaborating since SAP became a customer in 2008. Together, we have certified AWS to support most SAP solutions, brought purpose built EC2 instances to market to support SAP customer needs, and helped SAP leverage AWS services to power a number of their SaaS and PaaS offerings like Concur, SuccessFactors (for government agencies), HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC), and SCP. AWS has been supporting SAP workloads for customers longer than any other cloud provider (since 2011), has more customers (5,000+ across all segments) than any other cloud provider, is certified to support the largest public cloud (native) SAP S/4HANA (48TB) and BW/4HANA (100TB) deployments, and has more SAP HANA cloud native certifications than other cloud providers (24 HANA certifications vs. 18 for Azure and 11 for GCP).
The SAP on AWS team engages SAP customers through 3 routes to market (RTM): the AWS field, consulting partners, and SAP. We are seeking an accomplished Business Development (BD) leader to build out a high performing BD team globally. The leader will contribute to the overall performance of the business globally measured by revenue growth, net new customers, and reference wins. The successful candidate will have overachieved throughout their career and built strong, deep relationships with F1000 and/or G2000 organizations. This leader will have a broad role – part market maker, part operator, and part general manager – and will build a strategy focused on winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in market development of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers for new use cases, build scalable go-to-market programs, and develop strategic partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the go-to-market definition and execution of AWS’s strategy for SAP on AWS globally.
Our BD team drives strategic oversight of the GTM plan, sales plays (Migration, SAP Extend, S4HANA, Innovation), compete content, sales tools to build pipeline, field coordination of new service and feature launches, thought leadership white papers, act as the voice of the customer to the service teams, win lighthouse customers in key industries and geos, and support the field on the rapid close of complex deals.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Contribute to a high-performing BD team
· Deliver speaking engagements, collateral, lighthouse wins, and more
· Plan and allocate for the best use of extended team resources in order to meet your team goals
· Ensure that you are continuously learning and differentiating AWS with and for customers
· Drive strategic SAP workloads to deepen business and technical relationships with customers and partners
· Develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities
· Focus on scaling SAP on AWS, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to the broader field organization, and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges
· As the voice of the customer, your findings will influence product teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field
· Analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, and operating metrics
· Bachelors degree
· 7+ years of experience in BD customer and partner facing roles in the SAP ecosystem, with focus on infrastructure or cloud platforms
· 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, and apps
· International experience managing teams across the Americas
· SAP ecosystem BD experience including architecture, applications, and implementations
· Ability to motivate, encourage and coach others to develop strong BD relationships
· Built and managed a healthy sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration
· Experience working with new product/service development teams and their outbound functions
· Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
· Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
· MBA/Technical Master’s Degree
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us