The MENTOR Network Family Centered Clinician in Santa Fe Springs, California
Family Centered Clinician Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Fe Springs Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. California MENTOR’s Family Support Services provides intensive coordination and family support, (known as Wraparound), to youth who have been or are at-risk of being referred to an out-of-home placement. The goal of the Family Support Clinician in Wraparound is to enhance the youth and family’s well-being by keeping the youth in their home and community, all the while, promoting self-advocacy.
We seek a passionate leader who can successfully provide service or treatment plans that are based on an effective assessment of client needs and practical suggestions for change. This position will also provide 24/7 on-call support for all assigned families, while also building and maintaining positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Provides individualized services through a treatment plan that is based on an effective assessment of client needs and practical suggestions for change. Provides 24/7 on-call support for all assigned families Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides 24/7 coverage for all assigned clients/families.
- Provides assessments in the areas of mental status, personality, behavioral response patterns, relationships, and family interactions.
- Proposes a service or treatment plan based on assessment of needs and makes practical suggestions for change.
- Provides activity and participation based interventions and approaches developed from training materials, experience, families’ successes, and peers.
- Learn, utilize, and become certified in Family Centered Treatment®, a family based Evidence Based Practice.
- Makes referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Provides guidance for the family in their interaction with referring agencies, and other community organizations as needed.
- Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete and submitted to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in team meetings with peers and in collateral team meeting when needed. Supports peer development by addressing areas of concern for professional development and team performance issues.
- Provides a closure and aftercare plan for each family/client.
- May provide training or field supervision of new or tenured peers; review and edit peer records and documentation, marketing and education presentations; training and development for the region or team meetings,
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.