Applied Materials Technical Product Support (TPS) Engineer IV - (E4) in Santa Clara, California
Participates in new product introductions and early learning shipments, resolution of critical long-term customer issues with upper management, and identifying special projects for successful implementation and completion. Responsible for product Hardware performance at a specific customer. Provides third level escalation for Hardware & Software (stability) issues.
Drives Failure Analysis to identify long term technical issues, the plans for resolution, and develops the design to correct the issue.
Provides Alpha Site support of Engineering specifically related to installation, operation, calibration, service and /or testing of a new hardware, process or software design in house or on an engineering tool.
Provides Beta Site Support; specifically related to installation, operation, calibration, service and/or testing of a new hardware, software or processes on a customer tool.
Initiates and provides review of ECO's to ensure data supports fix and follow up with communication to the field. Also in cases of customer escalations or hardware and software availability requests, engages in technical dialogue with the customer.
Generates and presents system performance data as required. This includes performance metrics such as MTBF, MTBI and Availability. Reporting will also include process data and I/W spending analysis.
Supports GPS in the generation of documentation such as CENs and BKMs. Creates and reviews documentation covering technical improvements, system upgrades, and support plans. Presents at customer level. Ensures field implementation.
Organizes and manages on-site training for early learning shipments and new product introductions. Training audience to include both internal and external engineers. Enhances local team product technical knowledge by frequent knowledge transfer from BU to the account.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.