Applied Materials Director, Engineering Management - (M6) in Santa Clara, California
Directs an engineering group responsible for all issues across business unit product line, including the design, development and implementation of unusually complex engineering programs in accordance with project budgets and release schedules.
Anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches to engineering design and development at the business unit level with complex scope and customer impact.
Develops long-range plans and creates general engineering or product specific strategies to reach goals and reviews engineering specifications.
Interfaces with internal and external customers on engineering issues involving the unit’s products
Works with senior business group management team to ensure that such programs, strategies, and processes address high value problems for the Business Unit and are aligned with the organization’s direction.
Provides approval guidelines and leadership to reporting engineering managers in the area of long-term program, strategy, and process design.
Defines performance metrics and reports on the engineering functions’ progress against business unit specific goals.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
10 - 15 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.