BlackBerry Corporation Hands on Systems Intern - Summer 2021 in San Ramon, California
Student (Fixed Term)
* Job Description: *
Creation of a mock remote medical robot demonstration. Think Telesurgery, but instead of a robot operating on a person, it will carve a soap sculpture remotely. This includes two primary systems, the controller, and the actuator. Here is an example of a remote surgical robot. But we will take the same concepts, simplify it, and create a remote sculpture platform.
- This position is in San Ramon, CA and will need some onsite hands-on work, when collaborating with the team. It will be for a 4 month term.
- Responsibilities include: Integration of communication protocols, design and implementation of physical hardware, and tuning of the robot systems.
- Creation of marketing collateral to include demonstration videos, and deep dives into each technology utilized.
- Students studying control systems or computer engineering either hardware or software.
- Experience with ROS (Robotic Operating System), MQTT and real time systems like QNX.
Job Family Group Name:
Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled