Carlton Senior Living Housekeeper - Laundry - On-Call 1st Shift in San Leandro, California
Oncall Position only:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Assist with washing linens and towels, and responsible for the quality and accountability of personal resident laundry by performing the following duties. Assist with maintaining a high level of quality housekeeping services throughout the Community common area.
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
- Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent.
- Turns valve to fill washer with water.
- Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for measured time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to identification numbers or type.
- Folds and returns all personal laundry to resident apartment.
- Dissolves soap granules in hot water and steam to make liquid soap.
- Mends torn articles.
- Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on resident laundry lists.
- Soaks contaminated articles in neutralizer solution in vat to precondition articles for washing.
Mixes dyes and bleaches according to formula, and dyes and bleaches specified articles Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)