Cisco Senior Systems Architect - Business Architecture in San Jose, California
ASP Business Architecture - Center of Excellence Lead
Why You’ll Love Cisco
In Americas Service Provider (ASP), we partner with some of the largest providers in the planet across the telco, carrier, cable and web domains. Our provider customers are going through unprecedented transformations - from the services they sell to how they build and operate their infrastructure with cutting edge technologies and cloud centric operations!
Our focus is continuously improving our Architecture community and our ability to design technology solutions for these transformative projects that deliver outcomes that support our customers most critical business objectives. We’re looking for an experienced technology leader with a passion for business architecture to develop the methodology, lead the growth of adoption across ASP, and mentor and lead ASP architects in targeted engagements.
· Engage in targeted, critical opportunities to lead and mentor the ASP architecture team in solution architecture engagements.
· Lead transformative engagements representing significant opportunities for architecture co-development with ASP customers.
· Develop the ASP Business Architecture methodology, process and tools to enable ASP architects to engage in and deliver business guided, outcome-based technology architectures with our Service Provider customers.
· Engage with cross-functional leadership in ASP to inspire the BA enablement of the Community, development of our BA capabilities and foster the acceleration and scaling of BA use with our Sales Teams and customers.
· Establish and lead the Americas Service Provider Business Architecture (BA) Center of Excellence (CoE), a practice which promotes Cisco’s business architecture methodology throughout the organization, including sales leadership and internal Cisco organizations.
What You'll Do
· Mentor and/or lead the Business Architecture process on key projects or initiatives as required to showcase and promote successful adoption
· Actively develop SP Industry perspective to complement existing Cisco Industry practices.
· Align technology to multi-horizon business strategy and proactively drive product and market direction throughout the organization.
· Engage with industry partners to evolve and drive a virtuous ecosystem.
· Develop, Enable, and Grow our diverse and expanding community of Business Architects.
· Scale adoption of BA by our SA Community on Tools and Methodologies as they are adopted by the CoE.
· Create and Maintain SP Business Architecture Learning Maps across multiple levels of proficiency and aligned with our Sales Academy.
· Partner with leaders across sales, product teams, CX organization, Performance IT organization, Global Virtual Engineering, and our Partner organization.
· Deliver sessions promoting and detailing Business Architecture internally and externally to the ASP community, broader Cisco community, customers and the industry as a whole.
· Develop workstreams focusing on Innovation, Acceleration and Scale of our SE Community, our Business Architecture Capabilities, and our Customers Success.
· Build and promote Business Architecture Spotlights to highlight the success and impact of BA Community to organization leadership.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Americas Service Provider organization, you will work with the ales teams and their leadership to drive business outcomes for our customers. You will partner with global leaders with vision on Business Architecture as well as field enablement and training teams and be responsible for building strong internal and external relationships. You’ll be part of a global Business Architecture community at Cisco, representing ASP goals and insuring alignment on people, process and tools across the company.
Who You Are
An Experienced Technical Leader with 15+ years in technical sales and/or technology consulting experience and the delivery of outcome driven architecture solutions.
· Highly qualified in business architecture process and methodology development
· Have uncommonly strong communication skills; presentation, written, verbal, listening, and influencing.
· Understand the challenges of the field sales, support, and marketing teams based on actual experience.
· Experienced leading high impact cross-functional teams on a large scale
· A detailed understanding of multi-domain architecture and strategy and familiarity with business drivers for change.
· Able to demonstrate a diverse portfolio of capabilities, resources, and solutions to achieve a "better together" outcome.
· Capable of working in a multifaceted, change-intensive environment, while delivering consistent operational results.
· Experienced in the development and implementation of methodology, processes and tools for broad scale organizational enablement
· Deep knowledge and understanding of Business Architecture methodology and tools, business capabilities including people, process, data and technology.
· Strong knowledge of architectural methodologies and the ability to apply these to develop current and future architecture states and associated roadmaps
· Skill in developing and delivering business and technology messages at multiple levels - CxO to engineer.
· Business Architecture Maker skills to develop others through a business architecture enablement program.
· Mentor to others in realm of Business Architecture.
· Practice a consulting lifecycle approach and business problem solving skills.
· Discernment to articulate how technology can shape and define the customer business strategy and deliver value and how business can shape and define the technology architecture requirements.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.