Cisco Manager Sales Strategy & Insights__1317430 in San Jose, California
Manager, Sales Strategy & Insights
At Cisco, we are building the world’s best Go-To-Market team to optimize customer experience, drive sustainable growth, and accelerate Cisco’s transition to a recurring revenue software-centric business model.
Who You'll Work With
This role is a key member of a team of dynamic, analytical problem-solvers that takes on highly complex projects in a cross-functional, cross-cultural environment. The aspiration is to enable our Marketing, Sales, Partner, and Customer Experience teams to accelerate growth and drive productivity. The team will be known for strong strategy capabilities and world class analytics and insights. Priority topics will include * Go-To-Market Model Evolution - e.g., segmentation, roles & responsibilities, coverage model * Sales Excellence - e.g., data-based identification of productivity drivers, cross-sell opportunities * Growth Strategy - e.g., emerging technologies, use cases, or consumer groups * Operating Model Excellence - e.g., strategic allocation of opex across function & geographies
What You'll Do
The role requires strong problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills. The majority of projects are focused on highly ambiguous topics that require design across a large number of different functions. The successful candidate has a consistent record of delivering a project module end-to-end - framing the issue, planning the work, conducting complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, and distilling insights independently and effectively. In addition, an ideal candidate must work well in teams, have a clear growth attitude, be receptive to feedback, and be eager to grow as a professional and as a person.
- Support critical initiatives to drive both top line growth and profitability improvement across Cisco’s portfolio and markets
- Support the evolution of Cisco’s go-to-market model across all channels, roles, and geographies
- Support efforts to achieve sales excellence globally by identifying & scaling best practices
- Support the evolution of Cisco Sales’ internal operating model across all functions and geographies
- Work hand-in-hand with teams across the organization within Marketing & Sales and beyond (in particular Customer Experience, but also Finance, IT/Ops, etc.)
- Own and drive a project module end-to-end - frame, structure, and execute work independently
- Conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analysis and modeling, extract insights from data
- Develop and deliver presentations to a large variety of audiences
Who You Are
- Strong in framing and structuring a problem - effectively scopes a module and plans the required analytical steps based on early formulation of hypotheses
- Strong in conducting complex analysis - gathers data inventively, conducts sophisticated quantitative and qualitative analysis independently and effectively, ensures results pass reality check
- Strong in pushing for insights - extracts insights from data/ analyses, identifies second order implications, translates findings into practical recommendations
- Strong in project management: leads the module, prioritizes work effectively, structures work proactively and independently
- Strong in written & verbal communication - builds logical storylines independently, writes concise & effective emails, slides, memos, actively listens to others, influences others' perspectives, persuades on the basis of fact and reason
- Strong in collaboration / teaming - works effectively with teams/members from other organizations, is a good listener and open to suggestions, able to drive to joint decisions
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working for a strategy / management consulting firm
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in Sales Strategy/Business Development/Operations/Insights a plus, not required
- Experience working in IT/tech industry a plus, not required
- Experience working in different cultures, continents, countries a plus, not required
- Quant modeling, experience with Alteryx, Tableau, Excel
- General can-do demeanor with clear bias to action
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.