Cisco Global Events Producer in San Jose, California
What You'll Do
Cisco is an award-winning workplace - named  #1 on the World’s Best Workplaces list by Great Places to Work and Fortune Magazine for the second year in a row! Our company purpose is to Power an Inclusive Future for All. In the Cisco Collaboration Business Unit, our focus is to empower inclusive collaboration, and we’re delivering on that with the  all-new Webex. We are #1 in market share for personal meetings and cloud/hosted calling users. Our momentum continues to build ( read about our recent announcements). Our Marketing team is growing, and we’re hiring!
If you’re a SaaS-savvy marketer who is passionate about delivering unforgettable event experiences, breaking through boring, B2B event marketing, and creating a new way to do events, let’s talk! The Cisco Webex Marketing team is looking for a Global Events Producer to punch things up.
In this role, you will lead the broadcast design, orchestration and execution of all Cisco Webex virtual events and programs, including our flagship WebexOne event. Our event portfolio ranges from Thought Leadership events (e.g. Executive roundtables, speaker placement at conferences, Future of Work webinars) to Press and Analyst summits, and the flagship Webex user conference. Your work will be critical across stakeholders in marketing, engineering, sales, and field marketing groups in driving best-in-class digital programming and engagement.
The Global Events Producer will create the complete session schedule and run-of-show (orchestration of sessions, hosted segments, digital engagement activities), lead planning and logistics for sessions, including tech rehearsals, recording sessions, and be responsible for pre-production and post-production.
This individual will work with the Senior Manager of Events to design replicable standards and methods for producing individual live events and to train other engagement staff and program producers for future self-sufficiency in an events programming pipeline. The Producer will be the connective glue across talent, executive leadership, technical infrastructure, studio engineers, designers and content teams to provide exceptional coordination for broadcast-grade live programming.
- Work with Senior Manager of Events, product marketing, engineering and executive leadership team to create overall programming schedule and framework
- Create detailed production timelines and minute-by-minute run-of-show documents
- Coordinate with studio operations to schedule speakers, producers, audio engineers, camera crews, and other personnel to support event execution and recording
- Book relevant speakers, community representatives, performers, and other talent, guided by strong editorial planning. Create briefing materials to prepare them with logistics, content, and production details
- Write onstage content, including event scripts for hosted segments, interview questions, other talking points and remarks as needed for presentation, in collaboration with speakers and product marketing
- Create event editorial packages for onstage presentation including: producing and assembling slide decks, video segments, sound and music cues, and other audio-visual graphics, along with detailed cue sheets
- Manage and track individual event budgets
- Manage day-to-day communications with internal editorial staff and executives, as well as external partners.
- Work with the Events Audience Engagement, Events Technical Lead, Creative teams and other stakeholders to coordinate/share production details, event description copy, artwork
- Coordinate the production and multiplatform distribution of livestream or recorded event-related content (e.g. social media, owned web properties, etc)
- Work with studio engineers, and programming personnel, and digital content production—as well as external A/V vendors and venue production technicians—to ensure quality reproduction and timely distribution
- Create individual pre-/post-event editorial content packages and pages for the web, including producing and assembling photo slideshows from pre-taped sessions, preparing video segments and audio-recordings, and interactive graphics.
- Coordinate with Events Audience Manager to ensure quality control on event listings, web pages, social posts, and other communications
Who You'll Work With
This is a highly cross-functional role where you will be working across Product Marketing, celebrities, executive leadership, studio, design and agencies to drive exceptional orchestration of the live event broadcast. As a part of a center of excellence for virtual events, you will be a member of the Global Collaboration Marketing Team reporting to the Events Lead for all Cisco Webex events.
Who You Are
You are an experienced live events producer with demonstrated expertise in virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (such as Webex, Cvent, Intrado, RainFocus, ON24, etc.) and a proven understanding of broadcast production workflows. You also have hands-on experience as a producer for virtual events of 50K+ or more that spans multiple geographies, languages and platforms.
- 8-10+ years of live/virtual event production experience with an agency
- Demonstrated experience as a live event producer, public programs manager, public affairs producer or relevant position with extensive background in booking and liaising with guests (headline speakers and interview subjects, expert panelists, community reps, performers, etc.)
- Understanding of system integrations to support the complex technology landscape needed for large-scale digital events
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices in complex event planning, including talent bookings, logistics, contracts standards, basic technical production, vendor management, front-of-house operations, studio and stage management
- Experience in multiple platforms for virtual events and livestreaming, such as Zoom, YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitch, etc
- Strong writing for event concept treatments and program notes, as well as speeches, interviews, and other onstage presentations.
- Expert organizational, documentation, and communication skills (written, verbal, visual)
- Strong project management, creative development, team management.
- A passion for events and drive to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Production design experience or ability to offer creative direction to production designers a plus
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Visible links 1. https://fortune.com/worlds-best-workplaces/2020/ 2. https://www.webex.com/ 3. https://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration/welcome-to-the-all-new-webex
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.