Arup Graduate Transportation Planner/ Analyst - 2021 Available Immediately in San Francisco, California
Graduate Transportation Planner/ Analyst - 2021 Available Immediately
Jan 12, 2021 Post Date
Graduate Transportation Planner/Analyst – 2021 Available Immediately
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable, transport, civil engineering and buildings projects. Arup is an employee-owned, global engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Integrated Planning team in San Francisco and Oakland is seeking an entry-level Transportation Planner/Analyst. The team undertakes unique and challenging projects. We seek an individual with the technical expertise, experience and motivation to deliver innovative solutions. Current transportation planning projects include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, traffic engineering, data analytics, demand modeling, transit planning, traffic micro simulation, parking, site planning & development, complete streets, pedestrian & bicycle facilities, and integrated land use/transportation planning.
Responsibilities of this specific role may include:
•Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
• Data collection and analysis, including spatial data analysis / GIS, data processing and visualization
• Advanced data analytics including data management, scripting, regression and use of open data sources such as OSM and GTFS
• Use of specialist software packages including spatial analysis tools (e.g. ArcGIS, Conveyal, Remix, Podaris) travel demand modeling tools (e.g. VISUM, Cube, Emme, TransCAD), simulation tools (e.g.VISSIM, MATSim) and traffic analysis tools (e.g. Synchro, Vistro)
• Report writing and documentation of technical analysis using MSWord, Indesign, and Powerpoint
• Attending team, consultant and client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning or Civil Engineering, with a concentration in transportation, or related degree
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in transportation planning and/or engineering
• Relevant intern and/or research experience
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s degree in Transportation Planning or Transportation Engineering or related degree
• Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
• Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
• Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
• Experience communicating the results of technical work via graphics and dashboards
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the worlds most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• MTC Core Capacity Transit Study
• SMART and SolanoExpress Station Study (Suisun/Fairfield)
• El Cerrito Plaza BART Parking Analysis
• San Jose Access and Mobility Plan
• Caltrain Business Plan
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
San Francisco, United States
Post Date:Jan 20, 2021
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.