Intuit Group Manager of Customer Analytics in San Diego, California
Intuit is seeking a Group Manager of Customer Analytics to manage a team of data scientists focused on leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data mining techniques to better understand our customers, drive business strategy, and achieve business outcomes. We have an exciting opportunity to help shape how we use data and technology to create AI-driven experiences across our portfolio of consumer products, and this role will be central to unlocking new opportunities rooted in our data. This role will partner closely with product managers, marketers, business analysts, and date engineering, and will balance individual contribution with direct management of a growing team.
What you'll bring
· 10+ years of experience working in marketing, web, product, or other related analytics/data science fields, including 5+ years applied data science/data modeling experience
· 5-7+ years of experience managing data scientists and data analysts with a proven track record of developing successful data scientists
· Strong modeling foundation as an individual contributor and manager – expert command of AI and machine learning, statistical modeling, state-of-the-art tools, and engineering best practices
o Hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, tree-based methods, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, and natural language processing. Expertise with NLP is a plus.
· Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python (highly preferred), Scala, or R. Efficient in SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, etc.
· Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
· Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations
· Excellent problem-solving skills and end-to-end quantitative thinking
· Strong organizational skills, time management, portfolio prioritization experience, and accountability required
How you will lead
· Lead and develop a team of high-performing data scientists, including hiring top talent and investing in their growth
· Provide leadership in advanced engineering, data science, and analytics to drive the development of current and future products across the Intuit Consumer Group
· Provide/inspire data science innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole, and offer technical leadership across multiple teams to accelerate growth of AI/ML capabilities
· Drive critical business needs and goals by providing guidance and support to product and marketing leaders on how best to harness available data
· Deliver breakthrough benefits to Intuit users/customers across consumer products using individual, enriched, and aggregated data
· Influence through data storytelling, persuading and engaging key stakeholders across teams by communicating data-driven insights and recommendations
· Understand, apply, and teach proven methods and hacking skills in working with divergent data types, data scales, and big data (petabytes), to explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data acquired and cleansed from a range of sources
· Enable the development and onboarding of self-service machine learning systems by automating the training, deployment, and insight generation of ML models to scale up the adoption of such ML capabilities by the analyst community and citizen data scientists
· Identify new areas of growth and opportunity based on untapped customer attributes, new technologies, or data-driven product discovery
· Balance scalable capability development and tactical execution to maximize team impact in a fast-moving environment
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.