Lower Valley Credit Union Consumer Loan Officer - Loan Services Representative I in San Diego, California
Self-Help Federal Credit Union is seeking a Loan Services Representative (LSR) to work with our lending team under the direction of our Consumer Lending Manager. This is a hands on role where your efforts have a meaningful impact to the growth goals of the organization. We are in search of someone who has a passion for building stronger communities, a history of assisting loan applicants, is experienced with requesting and reviewing information required to secure a loan, is skilled at promoting loan products and services, has a working knowledge of Federal and State, as well as financial institution lending guidelines, is experienced with processing and completing all related documentation for consumer loans, and is a successful business developer. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail area must!
• Reviews all incoming consumer loan applications at the branches and reviews all
consumer loan packages from the Dealer Assisted Program and CUDL.
• Ability to read credit reports (and interpret to members), evaluates loan applications and
computes debt ratios. Recommends loan approval or denial. Requests additional
information if required from members.
• Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
• Ensures that processing operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit
Union policies and procedures and are legally compliant. Ensures loan requests are
• Compiles and completes reports as assigned including Credit Union Direct Lending
(CUDL) activity, and New Loan report.
• Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and
• Supports Loan Officers and attends business development and outreach events as
• Supports Member Service Representatives as needed.
Credentials, Experience and Skills:
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally
• Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and
• Sensitivity to issues of low-wealth borrowers and a desire to work in a racially and
socially diverse organization (essential Self-help values)
• High school diploma (or equivalent) and minimum one year member services
representative experience or related experience.
• Previous lending experience or experience with full-service financial institution.
• Thorough understanding of member services, products, and Credit Union operations,
consumer lending services, policies, and procedures.
• Understanding of related legal and regulatory standards, and required loan
• Excellent communication, public relations, and a professional appearance and attitude.
• Excellent typing skills, and an ability to operate basic office equipment (including pc
computers, ten-key calculators, printers, and telephones).
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists,
hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.
Competitive salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that
includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, paid
parental leave, and domestic partners policy.
Visit our Careers Page to apply for this position. This position will remain posted until filled.
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons,
regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), age, sexual
orientation, military and veteran status, class or family status.