HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist Supervisor in San Antonio, Texas
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in ourPharmacydepartment. Submit your application today!
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an evening shift Pharmacist Supervisor**to join our team. The Pharmacist Supervisor is accountable for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of Central Pharmacy on their assigned shift; assists the Operations Manager or Director in all activities of processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices and facility policies and procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- Monitors key indicators within the drug distribution system and the provision of pharmaceutical care and use TQM tools to analyze data from the monitoring process; prepares performance improvement summary reports for Director, pharmacy staff, and Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy in capital and expense budgeting processes including strategic planning, budget forecasting, monthly budget analysis, daily budget and productivity monitoring and prediction of short- and long-term impact of drug shortages. Maintains PA numbers (charge master) and other billing code master files.
- Supervises assigned personnel, which includes scheduling and work allocation, orientation and training of new employees, competency assessment, problem resolution, coaching and counseling employees, evaluation of performance to include recommendations for personnel actions, motivation of employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. Conducts feedback to supervised employees in a timely manner. Is responsible for their employee’s output and conduct. Assists the Director in interviewing and hiring new personnel.
- Reviews and monitors medication variance reports and informs Director of Pharmacy immediately of serious occurrences. Suggests changes in workflow, scheduling, and processes to reduce medication variances. Participates as required in analyzing trends and preparing reports for discussion with Pharmacy, Nursing, and Medical staff.
- Develops and/or reviews departmental policies and procedures that pertain to the drug distribution system. Enforces hospital and departmental rules and policies accurately and consistently. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements to include but not limited to the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, Texas Department of Public Safety, Drug Enforcement Agency, and The Joint Commission.
- Establishes good working relationships with Nurse Managers and other Department Managers throughout MHS to develop a network for opportunities of interaction and process improvement.
_Education:_ One of the Following:
A. Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) B. Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
_Experience:_ ONE of the following: * A. Minimum 2 years’ experience in an acute care hospital pharmacy setting * B. Minimum 1 year supervisory capacity in a hospital setting Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). * * Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: ONE of the following prior to the first day of employment: * Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy * Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacist Supervisor
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 02531-117091