HSS Inc Full-Time Security Program Manager - Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, Texas
HSS specializes in the high-stakes security environments of aviation, healthcare and government facilities -- and is one of the few companies to earn the Department of Homeland Security's SAFETY Act designation and certification.
We apply training, knowledge and experience to provide higher levels of safety and security. Moreover, we strive to provide exceptional experiences through unequaled standards of customer service and positive interactions with guests, patients, community and staff. Building on pillars of communication, professionalism, relationships and accountability, HSS team members set the standard for the industry. A claim proven by a greater than 90-percent customer retention rate since the company's inception.
Provides leadership and administrative management to teammates, develops, implements and coordinates the security program activities within a hospital/healthcare setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages time card processing, overtime utilization, and payroll accuracy.
- Manages a team of supervisors and security officers who support healthcare security operations at client sites.
- Partners with our healthcare clients and others across the organization to develop and implement security standards, policies and practices to make continual improvements and increase the effectiveness of security programs.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of training, drills and exercises.
- Works with security leaders to establish reliable data associated with critical goals or other key performance indicators that help the client reach their business objectives.
- Coordinates resources and ensures adequately security coverages of client locations, to include extra coverage and special events.
- Analyzes effectiveness, productivity and profitability and makes recommendations and/or changes as appropriate.
- Performance management; partners with recruiting and human resources in hiring teammates, growing and developing teammates through coaching and mentoring and formally evaluating the performance of direct reports.
- Handles employee complaints, grievances and investigations.
- Manages operational budgets for security related programs.
- Develops and maintain plans for the effective deployment of security staff and programs throughout the healthcare facility through combinations of staffing, technology, training, education and awareness.
- Maintain compliance with all healthcare safety and security based regulatory standards, rules and regulations. This includes but is not limited to Joint Commission, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, state rules and requirements.
- Develop in collaboration with the hospital leadership risk mitigation and safety based initiatives within the security department Programs should focus on reducing risk of injury and other harm.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community partners. (e.g. Law Enforcement)
- Develops and updates operational security program documentation. This includes but is not limited to policies, procedures and training documents.
- Develop program process and strategies that result in the active engagement of all hospital employees within the overall security effort.
- Analyzes department functions and makes suggestions, recommendations or changes when appropriate to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Analyze historical security data (e.g. security incident reports) to identify trends; while subsequently developing risk mitigation strategies to address these trends.
- Collaborate with peer hospital leaders to proactively develop security based training plans, and other applicable security measures and response plans.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the facilities security representative and other facility management personnel, and local public safety agencies.
- Participates as needed as a transition team member for all newly acquired security clients.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Prepares reports and conducts presentations.
- Trains security personnel as necessary
- Enforces and abides by all regulations and guidelines of the facility and HSS.
- Proactively communicate key information and developments within the healthcare facility and security program to HSS administration.
- Maintain active engagement on committees, workgroups, and taskforces with the healthcare facility.
- Ensures applicable paperwork/computer data are properly documented and followed up.
- Works in a people environment that requires good to exceptional customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of management experience in a service setting or both a combination of education and experience.
- Prefer IAHSS Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator Certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a committee meeting.
- Strong writing communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and motivate employees.
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer and Supervisor Certifications preferred or must be completed within twelve months of assignment.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, site leadership, and entry-level personnel.
- Able to multi-task, strong organizational skills and initiative to complete tasks and follow through on projects with little direction.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint and social media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking skills and the ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner with attention to detail.
- Current and valid driver license and ability to meet the company's driving requirements.
- Excellent people skills and ability to develop and manage successful business relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Ability to perform duties while maintaining a high degree of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Basic math skills that allows for general data gathering and reporting on findings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Our full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness.
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation Range: $ 52,680.84 - $ 65,851.05
Compensation is determined by factors like training or experience, work history, geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or related discipline preferred Required IAHSS Basic Officer Certification IAHSS Advanced Officer Training Certificate IAHSS Supervisor Training Certificate within 6 months of appointment Require IAHSS Certified Healthcare Protection Professional Administrator Certificate within one year of eligibility Prefer American Society for Industrial Security's Certified Protection Professional Certificate within one year of eligibility Three to five years of HSS supervisor experience preferred and background in management in a service setting Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a committee meeting Strong writing ability to document security program and periodic surveys Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously Ability to manage and motivate employees Proficient in basic computer skills and ability to learn Vision labor management software and e-SRT Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection Ability to quickly identify potential negative or dangerous situations and implement effective countermeasures
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled