Performance Food Group Driver, Shuttle Nights in San Antonio, Texas
Driver, Shuttle Nights
Performance Victoria (0760)
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for driving tandem trailers, tractor trailers and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of transporting empty trailers to PFG warehouse locations to turn around and deliver full trailers with various food products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, and dry goods) to domicile/shuttle yard locations. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The Shuttle Driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paper work associated with freight.
Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
Perform hook/unhook procedures per safety guidelines. Park and store tractor trailers in designated areas. Ensure all equipment and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
Collect and secure damaged goods and customer returns in empty trailer to bring back to driver check-in at base facility and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Address Line 1:
204 N. Brownson
San Antonio, Texas (TX)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
• 1+ years of commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Internal candidates must be in good standing
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
• Valid CDL A with Doubles Endorsement
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Work required 3rd shift schedule, Sunday-Thursday nights (schedules may vary)
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• 6-12 months of commercial driving experience