Aegon Asset Management Retirement Planning Consultant I (Salt Lake City Area) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Job FamilyRegional / Field Sales
Job Description SummaryProvides educational and advisory services to one or more clients virtually or in person. Responsible for plan promotion, participant education and managing education campaigns. Conducts in person or virtual group educational meetings and one-on-one counseling sessions with participants on retirement and investment needs. Provides guidance and transparency to participants on retirement product solutions. Responsible for generating leads and managing projects.
- Develop and execute strategies and approaches to promote participant action toward a fully funded retirement; deliver on key plan metrics (i.e. retirement outlook, increase participant deferral rates, etc.).
- Develop and manage client relationships from an educational perspective; build and foster productive relationships with Human Resources, management team and participants.
- Conduct group education meetings, deliver workshops, webinars and enrollment meetings to achieve client and Transamerica goals.
- Conduct one-on-one retirement planning meetings with client employees both onsite and virtually.
- Use Transamerica products and services to help participants deliver a strategy to meet retirement objectives.
- Provide participants with insight into the funds offered under each client plan, including fund objectives and performance.
- Identify asset retention needs and initiate discussions with participants, including opening and funding solutions as an IAR and/or referring opportunities to the Transamerica Advice Center. Retain assets in plan and roll plan assets to an IRA under DOL fiduciary advice rules.
- Explain and ensure participants understand product options; make appropriate recommendations.
- Work with participants with multi-product needs and connect with other product specialists as needed.
- Maintain current and accurate records to document progress towards goals.
- Promote, educate and enroll participants into Managed Advice; provide on-going financial and planning support to participants in the Managed Advice program.
- Provide ongoing support to high value participants that leave their employer and choose to keep assets within the Transamerica plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent business experience.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7.
- FINRA Series 63, or obtain within six months.
- FINRA Series 65 or 66, or obtain with six months.
- Retirement Plans Associate (RPA) or Charted Retirement Plan Counselor (CRPC), or obtain within 12 months. Higher certification (e.g. CFP, CRC, CEBS, ChFC, CIMA, CRPS) acceptable in lieu of RPA or CRPC.
- Three years of financial services or related experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills to support the sales process.
- Self-motivated to drive toward set targets.
- Organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/technology.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Work from home office environment.
- Extensive overnight and weekend travel (75%).
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward. We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce. We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests. Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company. The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.