PDS Tech Inc Embedded Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
PDS Tech Inc is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects
• Demonstrated presentation abilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complicated development schedules
• Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Review code and design documents
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs
• Provide production support
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Assess third party and open source software license documentation
• 10+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience, or equivalency
• Ability to acquire a Secret Security Clearance is a plus.
• Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Must have solid presentation and writing skills
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
• Solid programming experience in C and C++.
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Additional programming languages a plus
• Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus.
• An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
• Adequate ability of reading schematics a plus
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.