Victory Packaging General Labor in Salinas, California
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
1078 Merrill Street | Salinas, CA 93901
Works under direction ofProduction Supervisor
* Maintain good housekeepingpractices.
* Visually inspect finishedproduct; advise machine operator as needed to improve/maintain quality
* Manipulate manual hand tools
* Lift/carry raw materials andproduction supplies up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Stack and sort dunnage sheets
* Perform machine clean up tasksas assigned by Supervisor
* Perform weekly machine start-uptasks as assigned by Supervisor.
* Report machine problems asneeded.
Carrying: Occasionally up to 50lbs.
Pulling: Frequently up to 50 lbs
Foot Controls. Occasionally
Talk/Hear: Communicate with sound. -- Activity: withco-workers
Vision: Clarity at near & far, depth, color, and field--Activity: to view computer and work environment
Environmental Conditions: (Dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise,vibration, toxic conditions, work hazards, etc.) Controlled environment, noisefrom refrigeration equipment, etc. -- Activity: warehouse environment
What we offer:
* Corporate culture based on integrity, respect,accountability and excellence * Comprehensive training with numerous learningand development opportunities * An attractive salary reflecting skills,competencies and potential * A career with a global packaging company whereSustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundationalelements of the daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled
Whatyou need to succeed:
*Safe Work Practice certification annual training
*Lockout/tagout certification annual training
*Communicate effectively with team members in a noisy work environment
*Read and follow written and verbal job order instructions
*Follow verbal instructions from Supervisors.
*Think and act quickly in fast-paced production environment
*Basic math skills to count production quantities, measure raw materials andfinished product
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.