TEKsystems Help Desk in SAINT PAUL, Minnesota
Job Purpose - Provide premium, remote IT support (voice, chat and email) to inside end users who operate in a fast paced, demanding environment.
• Provide phone, email and chat support to remote users.
• Utilize Standard Problem-Solving methodology to resolve customer issues.
• Understand the issue
• Understand what is collectively known about the issue
• Solve the issue, share your experience.
• Troubleshoot and resolve iOS and mobile device issues.
• Use Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools to manage and support end user mobile devices.
• Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity and VPN issues.
• Use VPN / token management tools to administrate and support end user VPN access.
• Troubleshoot and resolve functional application issues.
• Document reported issues and service provided in the IT Service Management System (Remedy).
• Review, validate, update and create Knowledge Articles to facilitate accurate and robust knowledge sharing.
• Contribute to and moderate the sharing of issues and resolutions in forums such as MS Teams, Yammer, SharePoint.
• Assist customers with the setup of home/wireless printers on laptops and iPads.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams for escalated resolution of application or system level issues.
• Advocate for customers by seeking to identify common issues and by working within the business to eliminate future occurrences.
• Educate callers with helpful hints or business based best practices.
• Assist callers through account or machine lockouts.
• Assist users through password resets
• Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
• Technical aptitude enabling root cause identification and permanent issue resolution.
• Customer Focus – demonstrates the ability to understand and address reported issues from the customers point of view.
• Communication Skills – demonstrates high levels of ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
• Continuous Improvement mindset that is always striving to improve the customer experience.
• Accountable – highly self-motivated to follow through on all reported issues and other assigned tasks.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
Must have 3-5 years experience in a busy call center
• 5+ years + experience in supporting applications on IPad, IPhone and laptops and other mobile devices.
• 2+ years of phone support for remote user, with or without remote control capability
• Thorough knowledge of iOS operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
• Moderate knowledge of Android operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
• Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN issues related to Pulse secure, VPN On demand, Pulse client etc. on iPads and Laptops.
• Experienced troubleshooting of wireless and wired networks. Hands on experience on tools like MDM Airwatch console to manage user’s mobile devices.
• Ability to fix basic iPad and iPhone hardware issues on call itself and make the judgment of referring the others for Local/Apple support.
• Hands on experience on IT Service management tool like Remedy 8.1 or 9.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Experience in assisting users on phone calls, emails and chats.
• Experience collaborating with cross functional teams for escalated sales application issues.
• Ability to work in extended hours if required (1st and 2nd shift availability).
Service Desk, Support, Deskside, Mobile
Top Skills Details:
• Great customer service – Enthusiastic personality that also knows how to de-escalate a situation and ensure employees feel taken care of
• Flexibility mindset – need to be able to help with coverage issues when other team members call in, ie coming in early or staying late to help
• Technical aptitude- Experience working on a service desk providing technical support in the past. not as concerned with years of experience as is with technical aptitude and the ability to learn
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Need to have great customer service skills. Also need someone that can work either 12pm - 830 pm, or 130pm - 10pm CST Monday through Friday with a rotating weekend shift every 6-10 weeks that is from 10 AM – 6:30 PM CT.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.