Robert Half International Cost Accountant in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Our client is a small to mid-sized organization that is looking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant to join their team. They are in the manufacturing industry and have 3 successful companies. They are looking for a dynamic and outgoing Senior Cost Accountant to join their finance team. As a Senior Cost Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. You will assist with the development and implementation of accounting policies. The Senior Cost Accountant is very involved as you'll produce Cash Flow projections, Budgets, and Financial Statements. This person will assist in resolving accounting discrepancies and irregularities You’ll be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing budget reports. The ideal candidate should be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for the company.
• Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
• Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
• Become of the owner of the balance sheet
• Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
• Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
• Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with Netsuite and QuickBooks a plus
• Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
If you are interested you can reach out to me on LinkedIn under Sarah Tully at Robert Half Finance. You can also reach me at 612-339-9001.
1+ years of Cost Accounting experience
4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
Excel skills, including V-Lookups and Pivot Tables
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.