Robert Half International Junior Accountant in Saddle Brook, New Jersey
A well respected, growing service organization, located in Bergen County, is looking to hire an up and coming Junior Accountant. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. The Junior Accountant reports directly to the Controller and will work alongside the Staff and Senior Accountants. Interested candidates should submit their resume, in Word Format, to Lindsay at Lindsay.Lovett@RobertHalf.com.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities
· Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
· Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
· General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
· Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
· Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
· Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
· Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
· Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
Junior Accountant Skills/Qualifications
· BS/BA in Accounting preferred
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP are preferred
· Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professoinals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Saddle Brook, NJ
Date Posted: March 26, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02710-9502531748
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance