Charles River Laboratories IT Specialist 2 in S. San Francisco, California
IT Specialist 2
Req ID #: 104651
S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Responsibilities include prioritizing user requirements, break/fix analysis, root cause analysis, overseeing system upgrades and researching new tools, queue monitoring, documentation/training material creation. In this role you must be able to work as part of a team and/or individually, you should be highly analytical and able to understand business needs. Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential. If you also have hands-on experience with technical projects that would be a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Gather and document functional and technical requirements and consult with the user community to turn those requirements into an appropriate funded project.
· Perform break/fix analysis for individual and recurring support issues. Document findings and work with appropriate resources to find and deliver cost effective and timely solutions when needed.
· Monitor queue in the Service Desk software tool and follow appropriate guidelines for ensuring that the ITIL processes are followed within approved SLAs. Monitor queue KPIs and provide solutions to improve results.
· Perform root cause analysis of complex incidents or recurring problems affecting multiple sites. Develop solutions to those problems. Document in the problem resolution knowledge database, and develop training materials to resolve ongoing issues or improve knowledge.
· Develop new processes and procedures to improve existing services, or to assist in deploying new support services.
· Create the training and communications materials for new and enhanced services. Implement training for medium to large scale service rollouts.
· Participate in and document status of change management for site services.
· Ensure work is compliant with applicable guidelines and regulations (e.g. SOP, GxP)
· Coordinate with approved vendors for orders and requirements for supported sites, and projects.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
· Technology: MS Windows Operating Systems (7/10), MS Windows Server (2012/2016)Active Director, Office365, Office Suite, SCCM, Bomgar, Remote Desktop, Lab Applications (Watson/Analyst/WinnonLin), General Desktop User Applications.
· Experience: Minimum of 4-6 years related experience in IT.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Certification/Licensure: None.
· Other: Requires good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and must be fully competent in IT functional area.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.