Ruthven Community Care Center Restorative Aide in Ruthven, Iowa
The Restorative Aide provides direct therapy work involved in the treatment and prevention of physical disability caused by injury, disease, congenital conditions or age by using appropriate therapy techniques and methods to assigned residents to help them reach their maximum performance level. Confer with members of nursing, therapy, and other health care members to exchange, discuss and evaluate resident information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Knows principles, methods, techniques, materials, equipment and procedures used in physical/ occupational therapy and their applications.
- Knows potential hazards involved in physical/occupational therapy treatments and precautionary measures needed.
- Knows skeletal, muscular and neural anatomy and physiology as it applies to therapy.
- Performs physical tasks required in applying therapy treatments in order to properly administer therapy treatments and to accurately observe and assess the progress of residents being treated.
- Administers active/passive manual therapeutic exercises, massage, and hot and/or cold packs.
- Instructs, motivates and assists residents to learn and improve functional activities such as transfer, ambulation and daily living activities.
- Assists residents in exercise using parallel bars, mats, weights or pulleys, or other equipment.
- Administers gait training in conjunction with developed treatment plans.
- Instructs residents in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches, and other prosthetic and orthotic devices as prescriber by physicians or in conjunction with treatment plans as developed by the physical therapist.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Monitors care plans for appropriate therapy services to meet resident needs.
- Evaluates progress of resident in relation to treatment applied.
- Attends resident care plan conferences for evaluations as required.
- Prepares progress or statistical reports as required; maintain records necessary to chart progress and schedule treatments.
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains relationships with residents.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job duties.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred).
- Must be at least 16 years of age (required).
- Successful completion of 75-hour Nurse Aide course (required).
- Restorative Aide training course or willing to obtain within 6 months (preferred).
- CPR Certification (preferred).