Cisco Technical Consulting Engineer - Collaboration - 1315858 in RTP, North Carolina
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding business outcomes for our customers and partners including industry recognition and high level of employee engagement. The Cloud Support Organization within Customer Experience continue to drive industry-leading Cisco solutions and assist our customers migrating to software, cloud and XaaS.
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and Cloud-enabled endpoints on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams and collaborate with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Who You Are
- Support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Jabber IM (Cloud), CMR Cloud and Hybrid, Webex Services (Call, Message, Meet), Webex Teams Hybrid Services, along with phone and conferencing endpoints connected to the Cloud.
- Provide highest-level technical support to help resolve complex customer problems from on-premise to Cisco Cloud.
- Engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of the products you support.
- Ensure that technical documentation (not included in the product documentation) that is needed by customers to effectively troubleshoot the product/solution is created and available for use.
- Innovate - Identify and work with BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
- Coach and mentor others to help them advance in their career.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field or equivalent plus 2 to 5 years related experience.
At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
Understanding of Webex - Cloud application services, or Software as a Service (SaaS).
Good understanding of call control protocols
Hands-on Experience - Log Analysis (SIP/PRT/Wireshark/Http log/Fiddler)
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Desired skills * CCNP, CCIE Collaboration highly desired * Skilled understanding of: * Networking - Routing Switching (TCP/QoS) * Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP) * Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs * Strong working knowledge and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS. * Cisco Unified Communications Manager * Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing, TPS) * Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP) * Web Proxy * Web API * Ability to provide leadership across entire collaboration solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues * Lead by example, mentor, and train others * Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.