State of Minnesota Chief Information Officer - Director Admin Info Systems in Roseville, Minnesota
As the Lottery's Chief*Information Officer*you will:
- Provide leadership to the Lottery's Information Technology department by managing systems activities, software development projects, managing resources, voice and data communication networks, and leading department staff
- Provide expert advice and guidance to agency leadership and managers in procuring resources, developing and implementing system standards and information access
- Develop and implement long-range plans and strategies to effectively integrate the agency's information management resources and business plan to achieve its objectives
The position is housed out of the Lottery's main headquarters which are located in Roseville. The information technology team is comprised of approximately 19 staff, and partners with the Lottery's Information Security department and CISO, along with external vendors such as IGT (International Gaming Technologies) to ensure the organization is efficient and secure.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
This position requires a minimum of five (5) years experience (CIO-level or equivalent) managing organization-wide information systems|security|technology operations
a minimum of three (3) years supervisory or managerial experience that must include oversight of staff (e.g. hiring, training, coaching, and performance evaluation/management)
*The Lottery will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.*
- Experience with statewide information policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Knowledge of state procurement laws and procedures, specification preparation and bid evaluation, request for proposal preparation and evaluation, software evaluation and procurement and budgeting.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, process improvement, and change management.
- Ability to plan strategically sufficient to visualize and articulate long-range goals and needs, to provide direction and support to project teams, and to facilitate the planning and development process to integrate IT governance, Agency and Statewide missions and goals.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems by bringing forth mutually acceptable solutions within the parameters of budget, staffing, and technology limitations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to delegate work, build relationships, and report unit progress of staff to management
This position requires successful completion of the following:
The Minnesota State Lottery will conduct a criminal background check and fingerprint check at the time of job offer for all prospective new employees. The Minnesota State Lottery cannot hire any person who's been convicted of a felony or a crime involving fraud or misrepresentation within five years of employment or who's ever been convicted of a gambling-related offense.
In addition, the Minnesota State Lottery will perform the following background checks:
- Employment Reference Checks (includes review of personnel file for current and former State of Minnesota employees)
- SEMA4 Records Check (for current and former State of Minnesota employees)
Why Work For Us
The Minnesota Lottery exists to create a fun, quick, and thrilling form of entertainment for Minnesotans. We’re proud that a portion of Lottery proceeds goes back to the state to benefit our natural environment. We’re in the entertainment business and are always looking for more ways to have fun as a group. We’d love for you to join us!
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go tohttp://www.mn.gov/careers.
To be considered for any Veteran's Status, you MUST indicate this on your application.
RECENTLY SEPARATED VETERANS (RSV): Effective July 1, 2009, legislation provides that the top five RSV applicants who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy shall be granted an interview. To qualify, you must meet the following: 1) have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States; 2) have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty or have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty; 3) be a United States citizen or resident alien; and 4) have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11 , 2001 , as shown on your DD-214 form. To be considered under this legislation, you must: 1) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting; 2) meet all the above RSV criteria; and 3) submit a copy of your DD.214 form by the closing date to:HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com. Failure to submit your DD-214 form will affect your consideration for an interview under this legislation.
CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS: Effective August 1, 2012, legislation provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled veterans on a noncompetitive basis if you: 1) meet service requirements and have a verified service-connected disability rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation verifying the disability; and 3) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation you must submit all documentation before the closing date to: HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com
If you have questions about the position, contact HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Chief Information Officer - Director Admin Info Systems
Job ID: 39844
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 03/26/2020
Closing Date: 04/15/2020
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State Lottery
Hiring Agency: Minnesota State Lottery
Work Shift: Days
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $42.65 - $61.05 /hourly; $89,053 - $127,472 /annually
Job Class Option: None
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes