Sutter Health OB Technician, Women's & Children Services* in Roseville, California
The Obstetrics Technician is responsible for labor rooms and operating room duties related to laboring patients. Responsible for stocking and maintaining supplies in Labor rooms, Operating Rooms, PACU, Ante partum rooms and Triage area. May assist with entering and generating charges in Labor and Delivery. The OB Tech shares duties with the US/NA in the Women's and Children's area. Assists RN in setting up instruments for a delivery outside of the operating room. Provide transportation duties and assistance when needed.
Under the direction of a licensed nurse, participates in the patient/ family care and experience through teamwork, effective communication, basic care skills, and specialized skills in equipment and basic care to serve a defined patient population.
Provides care based on the age-related needs of the newborn, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, educational needs, communication style, and level of understanding.
12 Hour Shifts
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Current BLS certification required.
· Certificate of Completion from a Surgical Technician Program required.
· Previous experience in a Labor and Delivery setting preferred. · Current nurses assistant experience or outside agency experience in providing care to the specialty population of patients served in the respective area.
· Thorough understanding of basic medical terminology, protocols, and procedures related to the Operating Room.
· Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology of Labor and Delivery patients.
· Adept at the use of sterile techniques, instruments, and set-up procedures of the delivery room.
· Knowledge of anesthesia cart and equipment.
· Knowledge of surgical procedures (C-section), anesthesia emergencies, emergency hysterectomies, and tubal ligations.
· Demonstrates knowledge of safety precautions and emergency procedures.
· Knowledge of maintenance and care of equipment and instrumentation.
· Thorough understanding of surgical procedures.
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of effective English written and communication, basic computer proficiency.
· Able to function effectively under emergency/intense obstetrics conditions
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of effective English written and communication, basic computer proficiency and basic dysrhythmia
knowledge for specialty tech in critical care area or telemetry monitoring area.
Special Skills/Equipment :
· Demonstrated ability in the use of operating room and labor and delivery equipment.
· Strong unit secretary skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Able to function effectively under emergency/intense obstetrics conditions.
Organization: Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8-12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: One Weekend a Month
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.