Westat WordPress Developer in Rockville, Maryland
MD - Rockville
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a full-time WordPress Developer to design and build visually appealing and intuitive websites as part of a team of web developers and graphic designers to support our research studies.
• Writing clean, readable, and well-documented code, following WordPress or Drupal conventions.
• Working with collaborative, team projects using agile development methodology.
• Writing technical requirements and specifications.
• Installing, testing and debugging WordPress plugins, and creating custom plugins as needed.
• Developing Responsive sites.
• A Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 plus years of experience using WordPress or Drupal.
• Advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 (Bootstrap).
• Experience in coding custom templates, themes, and modules.
• Proficient in LAMP stack (e.g. Linux, Apache, MySQL, or PHP).
• Familiarity with common version control systems, preferably Git.
• Knowledge of website accessibility standards.
Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills and must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Computer Systems and Applications