Abt Associates Pricing Analyst in Rockville, Maryland
Our Finance Department is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company’s objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this position will be based as a telecommuter for the foreseeable future. Only when Abt reopens offices to all employees will there be an expectation that new hires return to the geographical office to which they were hired.
As a member of our collaborative Pricing team, the Pricing Analyst will support the pricing team with analysis, spreadsheet manipulation, capture and preproposal pricing and strategy, and developing proposal pricing for new government contracts in response to client request for proposals (RFPs). Review RFP for proposal budget and business volume requirements. Gather price related clarification questions to client. Maintain accurate budget input sheets and budget templates. Prepare budget templates for different contract types (T&M, FFP, CPFF, and IDIQ). Lead medium sized proposal efforts and supports the team on larger complex efforts with opportunities to grow levels of responsibility.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure scheduling of pricing kickoffs and reviews for tier 2 and 3 bids. Prepare lime and green team agenda and budget for review. Lead facilitation of the meeting
- Review RFP for proposal budget and business volume requirements. Gather price related clarification questions to client
- Maintain accurate budget input sheets and budget templates. Prepare budget templates for different contract types (T&M, FFP, CPFF, IDIQ)
- Work with proposal teams to document Basis of Estimate (BOEs), analyze and develop risk contingencies.
- Document and obtain proper approvals, files and folders with pricing information. Follow existing processes
- Review subcontractor documentation and budgets
- Collaborate with internal departments (HR, Finance, Contracts, Subcontracts, Technical staff, Government Audit and Compliance) as necessary to identify any potential risks with Abt policies and operations as well as to ensure receipt of most recent information for use in pricing/budgeting
- Determine financial analysis, pricing scenarios to drive appropriate conversations on pricing strategy and profitability
- Support senior pricing team analysts with price to win, spreadsheet manipulation, capture and preproposal pricing and strategy
- Develop business volume checklist / compliance matrix for business volume submission as needed.
- Develop fully compliant, accurate business volume submission including budget to the client as needed
- Experience with Excel, Oracle, and Microsoft suite
- Skilled with excel for data manipulation and analysis such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Experience pricing US Federal Government contracts: T&M, FFP, CPFF, IDIQs
- Experience supporting and balancing the needs of multiple proposals at once
- 3 years of experience and BA degree (in finance or economics) or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.