ESL Federal Credit Union Student Teller in Rochester, New York
Hours: 40 Schedule:
This position is for Summer 2021
Monday – Saturday with a day off during the week. Branch hours are Monday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Must be flexible to meet current and future business needs.
ESL has 22 branch locations throughout the Rochester region.
This position is for students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and a minimum of one year of coursework completed.
The Student Teller Internship is an opportunity for students interested in pursuing a career in banking and learning more about the industry. Students will learn the fundamentals of banking and gain exposure to career paths within the branch network. The position will allow you to:
• Apply classroom knowledge in real world setting
• Use problem solving skills
• Gain basic financial literacy which can be applied to your personal finances
• Learn basic banking principles including knowledge of loans and how loans work, proper cash handling techniques, how to identify counterfeit cash and checks, and the ability to balance a cash drawer
• Assist members with processing financial transactions
• Learn how to prospect customers for their banking needs
• Create a positive member experience
• Contribute to the overall operational success of a branch
This position is accountable for servicing members within operational and service level guidelines while contributing to the achievement of team lead objectives; internal and external satisfaction targets.
Ensure operational proficiency by processing customer transactions effectively, efficiently and accurately
• Meet daily transactions
• Meet balance accuracy standards
• Learn and follow all policies, procedures, and processes
Participate in efforts to achieve unit’s customer and employee satisfaction targets as measured through loyalty and employee pulse survey scores.
Adhere to member focus processes and expectations
• Participate in coaching processes to improve proficiency in member focus behaviors
• Use same member focus skills and behaviors to foster and meet internal customer satisfaction performance targets.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and a minimum of one year of coursework completed
• Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
• Proficient in PC applications
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• People and team oriented
• Prior customer service experience preferred
• Maintains a high degree of flexibility in support of branch needs
• Legal authorization to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)