Carestream Health, Inc. Sr. Product Manager in Rochester, New York
Carestream Health Inc.
Innovation that sparks imagination. Continue on to your next challenge with us.
Carestream is a worldwide provider of medical imaging systems and solutions; x-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; manufacturing of film and precision contract coating services for a wide range of industrial, medical, electronic and other applications-all backed by a global service and support network. Carestream's diagnostic imaging technology systems are at work in 90 percent of hospitals worldwide.
At Carestream, we offer a global perspective and a world of opportunities for people who have the desire to make a positive impact. Join our global team of 4,000+ professionals!
The Product Line Manager (PLM) is a global position with full business responsibility, from the development of roadmap strategies through the delivery of business results. The PLM for C-Arms will manage the requirements for Carestream's C-Arm solutions including evaluating organic and inorganic options, working with the regions to understanding market needs/addressable markets, developing strategies/pricing and managing the full product life cycle from commercialization, launching to eventual product discontinuance. The PLM will work with a broad network of Carestream colleagues worldwide covering all disciplines and all locations. It is expected that the PLM will:
* Make priority decisions on key product/portfolio attributes (features, cost, quality, and time to market)
* Lead cross-functional teams consisting of development, quality assurance, marketing, manufacturing, sales and service.
* Coordinate input from global teams across different geographic areas worldwide.
* Communicate effectively with internal teams, as well as customers to understand and anticipate their needs - both obvious and subtle.
* Identify C-Arm (and fluoroscopy) market trends, customer needs, addressable markets and industry competition.
* Develop competitive intelligence on products features & functions.
* Develop competitive landscape and product positioning.
* Develop strategic roadmaps with competitive features, specification and cost.
* Perform total cost of ownership analysis and optimize solutions to meet market needs.
* Develop business cases for new and follow-on products and/or components.
* Document and communicate current state of the business and future visions of market participation.
* Work with R&D team or key external partners to capture customer voice in product development to meet customer or competition needs and quality target etc.
* Create customer requirements documents for all products/components outlined on the roadmap.
* Make priority decisions and trade-off decisions when commercializing new products.
* Work with regional business managers to develop product Go To Market (GTM) strategies and plans including product pricing strategy and direct vs. indirect channel strategy.
* Launch new products/solutions to the market to reach business objectives.
* Manage product/solution discontinuance as part of the product life cycle management.
* Conduct management reviews and provide timely communication of commercialization activities.
Required Skills & Education:
* Bachelor's Degree required, advance degree a plus.
* At least 5 years' experience defining and developing solutions for the C-Arm market required.
* 2-3 years in clinical applications, service, marketing and/or selling C-Arm imaging equipment solutions required.
* Working knowledge of related technologies (fluoroscopy, radiology, medical imaging equipment) and their components, 2-3 years' experience preferred.
Relevant Experience [Proven experience for the specific position, such as years of relevant work experience, etc.]
* Working knowledge on the C-Arm competitive landscape including, competitive players in key countries, business models/pricing and key product features /components.
* Working experience in C-Arm industry including engineering, marketing or manufacturing functions.
* Experience making priority decisions on key product/portfolio attributes (features, manufacturing cost, quality, time to market, integration timelines.
* International sales/service/marketing experience preferred, with demonstrated ability to coordinate input from regional teams.
* Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams.
Office and Remote combination
Applying for a job with Carestream
All Carestream employees must complete the on-line application process. Carestream is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please click
Requisition ID: 1027
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.