Excellus Health Plan Inc. Proposal Services Team Leader - 003950 in Rochester, New York
This position will be responsible for overseeing broad executions of work by others to keep an entire body of initiatives moving on the right path while managing and overseeing their own set of responsibilities. This role is responsible for teaching and training others and overseeing the tracking of key deliverables to ensure completion on time and on-budget. The position also provides proposal database oversight, formal process and quality audits, proposal and contract generation; and provides support necessary in all areas pertaining to the sale of all of the enterprise product lines.
- Leads the Proposal staff with accountability to achieve and maintain the department and corporate performance standards and goals, including maintaining productivity, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability.
- Supervises and develops staff to provide high levels of administration through employee education, training, support, and development. Coordinates plans and directs department resources in terms of work prioritization, process improvement initiatives, training, and staff development and performance management.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews identifying areas needing improvement and initiates action and assures any retraining is done when and where necessary.
- Develops, implements, and monitors RFP unit operations in terms of workflows, performance metrics, policies and procedures for effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Evaluates proposal responses to assure that responses accurately reflect the Health Plans products, services and processes and that the responses are professional and market quality in content and presentation.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders and leaders within the organization, as well as to external partners, with the ability to connect the dots and provide guidance.
- Facilitates strategic planning meetings with all levels of the organization to develop strategy and customized content, including proactive planning to develop central strategy for RFPs in advance of RFP, during RFP, and/or providing expert market intelligence on RFP trends.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external partners, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and third party software companies.
- Provides quality review of messaging to ensure accuracy, consistency, appropriate positioning, and competitive differentiation.
- Manages all phases of content creation, audit, and maintenance process.
- Travels to other Health Plan offices, as necessary, to complete job tasks including SME interviews and strategy meetings.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of five years marketing and sales experience preferably in the health insurance industry and/or with proposal administration, plus previous supervisory experience.
- Minimum of five years experience developing, writing, and editing strategic and persuasive marketing copy.
- Exemplary project management and written and verbal communication skills, requiring minimal management review or edits
- Prior experience and proficiency with content and capacity management tools required.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize assignments, work independently and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong and proven Communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively interface with various levels of staff, management and clients/customers with experience in writing marketing and promotional materials.
- Experience with organizing training programs.
- Ability to travel across the health plan service regions as needed.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity