Greenman-Pedersen,Inc. Civil Site Engineer in Rochester, New York
GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking a mid-level civil/transportation/site designer/engineer for an immediate opening in our Rochester, NY office to assist with a variety of land planning and engineering projects.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Working knowledge of the design process for various transportation, municipal and private projects
- Familiarity with the following reference standards; NYSDOT and NYS stormwater management guidelines, including ADA guidelines.
- Experience in the design of infrastructure such as roadways, drainage, waterline, sanitary sewer, grading, and erosion and sedimentation control plans
- Minimum of 4-10 years of experience on public and private civil engineering projects in New York State
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/InRoads programs is required
- P.E. or ability to obtain a P.E. within six months, is preferred
- Preference to candidates proficient in graphics software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), as well as 3-D modeling software (Autodesk Infraworks and Sketch-Up)
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles, and/or masks while working