Citigroup Healthcare Business Development Officer - So. Cal. (Riverside) in Riverside, California
Business Development Officer - Healthcare Segment
The Business Development officer will execute integrated sales, service and relationship strategies to support growth and retention of Healthcare customers in each Division of US Retail Business Banking. Reporting to the Healthcare Vertical Head, they will be responsible for developing new-to-bank business relationships with healthcare companies and referral sources as well as cross-marketing of services to existing clients through segment-based sales plans to achieve revenue growth targets and maximize operating capabilities and profitability. The Retail Banking Business segment includes those clients with revenues from $1 to $20 million annually. Healthcare banking clients in this segment typically have higher credit needs, use more specialized product offerings and receive credit decisions through a centralized utility.
• Execute integrated sales and relationship strategies that are in alignment with the national business plan to achieve desired revenue and service hurdles for their Division.
• Responsible for client satisfaction and relationship profitability, while providing business customers with single point of contact within Citi.
• Provide product specialists with qualified referrals for cross-sell. Assist in closing deals across all banking products.
• Use sound judgment in qualifying potential customers/deals as well as recommending the right financial solutions/products for the customer. Ensure customers meet credit/compliance criteria before submitting to centralized credit for approval.
• Partner with other Citi businesses (i.e. Commercial Banking, Treasury, etc.) to ensure ongoing and appropriate communication to support overall client and franchise objectives.
• Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence, diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
• Through extensive involvement, create local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the small business companies housed in the marketplace.
• Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
• Ensure that the organization's activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
• Partner with the National Healthcare Business Development Officer and the Senior Retail Business Bankers in the Division to onboard quality Healthcare Relationships through joint business development efforts.
• Demonstrate ability to be subject matter expert and act as a consultant to Internal / External referral sources.
• Actively identify and participate in Trade Shows, Networking Events, Study groups, Associations to further your own as well as the Citi’s Healthcare reputation in the community.
• Demonstrate superior credit skills in structuring transactions that would be mutually beneficial to the clients as well as CitiBank.
• Proactively maintain an above average knowledge and significant expertise in the healthcare market at a macro and local level and demonstrate the ability to apply this knowledge.
Undergraduate business degree
Should have a minimum of 7 years banking experience, preferably at least 5 years in Healthcare
Strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing; Commercial credit trained or ability to successfully complete in house commercial lending training successfully
Proven track record of CRE lending as well as call reporting and monitoring. Good understanding of appraisal and environmental requirements.
Builds and maintains strong relationships with underwriting department and bankers in the field.
Must have a sharp, proven business development focus, preferably within a large financial institution in the Healthcare specialty or similar role
Must be team oriented
Must have superior organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others
Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
Job Family Group:
Commercial and Business Sales
Commercial Business Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.