Northwell Health Switchboard Operator (PD) in Riverhead, New York
Req Number 8298
Answers and routes calls received by the Hospital's main telephone, paging and/or doctor's answering systems. Performs miscellaneous clerical and receptionist duties.
- Answers and routes calls received by the main telephone, paging and/or doctor's answering service systems.
- Provides callers with general location and operations information for hospital, health centers, departments, etc.
- Monitors emergency alarms and dispatches appropriate response teams.
- Maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Handles emergency calls following appropriate procedures.
- Maintains doctors' on-call coverage schedule.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Ability to work additional shifts, as needed.
Gracious manners, pleasant speaking voice, calm demeanor and the ability to work under stress, required.
Basic computer skills to look-up/retrieve information, required.
Based on department operating requirements, position may be required to be bi-lingual.