Boehringer Ingelheim Payor Marketing and Affordability Analytics - Fall Co-Op in RIDGEFIELD, Connecticut
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Coop to join our Analytics and Insights / Payor Marketing and Affordability Analytics department located in Ridgefield, CT. In this Coop position, you will create innovative analyses and presentations to solve complex business problems and help our leadership make data-informed decisions. You’ll work alongside a team of experienced Pharmaceutical professionals conducting strategic analytics.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Coop, you will participate in:
• Hypothesis and idea generation and prioritization
• Conduct data extraction from structured and unstructured sources
• Perform data modeling (designing and selecting optimal data structures)
• Perform exploratory data analysis using Python, R or SQL and Excel, Word, PowerPoint software and iterate on those analyses incorporating mentor and customer feedback
• Deliver results via Powerpoint to internal teams and customers
• Perform hands-on work on a daily basis with data systems and analytic technologies such as Oracle, Python, R, SQL, Tableau and Excel and similar tools
• Connect with business customers to explain technical analyses and provide recommendations
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in the use of statistical packages and/or machine learning libraries
• Experience with test/control methodology and statistical modeling
• Demonstrable ability to quickly understand new analytical and mathematical concepts and to come out with original solutions to mathematical issues.
• Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required. Strong Storytelling skills.
• Business competencies: Change management, conceptual thinking, innovation, problem solving, and team work.
• Recent experience with one or more of the following: Python, R, SQL
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: US-BI Pharma/BI USA
Title: Payor Marketing and Affordability Analytics - Fall Co-Op
Requisition ID: 210611