Boehringer Ingelheim IT Business Analyst & Web Developer- Fall Co-Op in RIDGEFIELD, Connecticut
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op Student to join our Information Technology (IT) department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility for the semester. As a Co-Op student, you will participate and support strategic and/or operational programs within Boehringer Ingelheim.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understand and analyze business processes and needs, with guidance of IT colleagues
• Assist in the development of requirements and present possible solutions or improvements.
• Support goals by participating on project teams and delivering on assigned tasks and action items.
• Work closely with developers and test engineers
• Support the capture, management and analysis of data/information
• Support users with training and assistance for assigned processes
• Monitoring of IT systems in conjunction with the Service and Support team
• Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
• Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
• Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
• Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field from an accredited college or university
• Experience in Software Development, Web Development w/ Content Management System (Drupal, Experience Manager, or other)
• Must be a self-motivated individual
• Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently or in a team within an open office environment
• “Digital Native” experienced with mobile technologies, social media, industry trends
• Basic knowledge of IT processes and technology
• Knowledge of agile methodology processes preferred
• Knowledge of system development life cycle methodology preferred
• Experience in working any of the cloud platform services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
• Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
• Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: US-BI Pharma/BI USA
Title: IT Business Analyst & Web Developer- Fall Co-Op
Requisition ID: 211915