HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Same Day Surgery Registered Nurse RN in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Our Forest campus is a 340-bed community hospital located in Richmond, VA. Our team at Forest specializes in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and, as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
HCA * 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List * One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. * Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years * Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies HCA Rewards
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $100 per month) Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation to ensure accountability for assessments and patient plan of care
- Ensures nursing assessment of patient is completed, standard of care initiated and all necessary consent forms are signed
- Utilizes equipment/performs special procedures relevant to SDS
- Assures all lab work, EKG, and x-rays are obtained, and initiates completion of chart
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings, documents information accurately
- Acquires/maintains current knowledge related to SDS Nursing
- Performs patient care according to SDS standards for all surgical procedures pre and post-operatively
- Demonstrates competency in pre-operative and post-operative Anesthesia instructions, patient teaching, and discharge planning involving patient/significant other/family
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within surgical services department
- Administers medications following the Five Rights of Medication Administration We’d love to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team!
Education Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a RN in the State of Virginia. Current certification BLS, PALS, & ACLS. Preferred: Educational programs in nursing management. Currently enrolled in a program of study obtaining a B.S.N. or B.S - Business Administration.
Licensure / Certification Required: Current Registered Nurse license in Virginia or a compact license Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), ACLS & PALS (must obtain within 6 months of hire)
Experience Required: At least 2 years of experience in Surgical Services / OR Preferred: 2 - 3 years of experience in a same-day surgery environment
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Same Day Surgery Registered Nurse RN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital
Requisition ID: 00448-56555