Honeywell Lead Field Service Technician in Richmond, Virginia
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
A successful candidate for this position will support building automation controls at customer sites. You will be servicing and repairing various HVAC control related equipment and systems. You will conduct the repairs and servicing without direct supervision. You should be able to troubleshoot low voltage controls for commercial building air handling equipment. Utilize control software to troubleshoot, create and or modify control programming. You will need to be able to train customers on proper usage, troubleshooting and basic repair procedures: representing Honeywell- interacting, communicating and supporting the customer. You will participate in improvement initiatives in the field to assist with the administrative task related to delivery/installation of proper equipment, ordering necessary parts and providing feedback to correct tasking.
· Customer support of Building controls
· Service and Repair work orders
YOU MUST HAVE:
· High School Diploma.
· Valid driver’s license.
· 1+ years of HVAC Experience.
· Associate, Technical college degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
· 2 years experience in technically related field work in HVAC, fire, security and/or IT.
· 1 year experience with basic building systems. Programming, PC, and general networking knowledge.
· 1 year experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and internet browsers.
· Control systems open protocol (BACnet, LON, MODBUS) knowledge.
· Experience using productivity tools such as multimeter, wireless PDA, routers, network troubleshooting.
· Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, control systems, mechanical system operation and building facilities.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings and diagrams.
· Previous technical/installation experience.
· Previous customer service experience.
· Good written and oral communication.
· Ability to follow instructions and identify mistakes.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.