HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Grad RN Nurse Residency Medical Care Unit in Richmond, Virginia
/$7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS POTENTIAL/
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2021 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospitalis a Level II Trauma Center and 340-bed acute care facility. We feature the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, Women’s Hospital, Heart Center, Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery Center and Virginia Transplant Center. We have beenrecognized by the Joint Commission as anAdvanced Primary Stroke Centerand a Top Performer in Heart Attack and Heart Failure, among other recognitions and awards.We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging.
_HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program_
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
- 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
_Cohort Start Date:_
February & March 2021
*Additional Information about our Medical Care Unit:* * You will work in our 22-bed unit equipped for telemetry monitoring * Our patient population includes individuals hospitalized with conditions such as fever of unknown origin, kidney failure, GI complaints and more * You will care for patients ranging from young adult to end-of-life * A new graduate nurse on our unit should have good teamwork and communication skills and share our team’s respect for human dignity
*WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER? *
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement & student loan assistance.
*Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. *We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new graduates who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Grad RN Nurse Residency Medical Care Unit
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital
Requisition ID: 00448-NGHDHMCU5