HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Central Sterile Technician in Richmond, Virginia
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career by applying today to join theCentral Sterile Supply DepartmentatChippenham Hospitalas aCentral Sterile Technician.
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital* *
Chippenham Hospital, a466-bedacute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater.
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system, HCA Healthcare,Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. We specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
We were awarded the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and named as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
Ranked by Fortune as a *Most Admired Company *for 3 consecutive years
Named A World’s Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
Our Operating Room:
18 OR Suite
Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department
Types of surgeries conducted: da Vinci, Trauma, Ortho, Cardiothoracic, ENT, Vascular, Pediatrics, Urology, Plastics, and General Surgery
Supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities, specialty certification, and clinical ladders
Leaders in our department have a passion for supporting everyone in reaching their professional goals
As aCentral Sterile Technician,you will be responsible for activities related to decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization of instruments. In addition, you will:
- Assist the Surgical Services team by helping direct the workflow in the Central Sterile Supply department, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines for the department.
- Possess a working knowledge of surgical instruments and central sterile equipment and techniques.
- Receive, clean, process, assemble and distribute medical supplies, equipment and surgical instruments.
- Handle, transport, pull and store sterile equipment, supplies, and instruments for surgical cases.
- Acquire, distribute, and charge disposable supplies and patient rental equipment.
- Sterilize reusable equipment, supplies and instrumentation.
- And be a vital part of a team of committed, caring group of colleagues!
- Night Shift
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
We invite you to learn more about thisfantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out andLike Us on Facebook!
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Preferred: Successful completion of a Central Sterile Supply Certification Program.
Preferred: Central Sterile Supply Certification.
Preferred: 1 or more years of experience as a Central Sterile Technician.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array ofmedical, dental, and visionpackages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
/"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status." /
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Central Sterile Technician
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-56317