SC Department of Public Safety IT Services Specialist III (#010231) Resource & Information Management, Columbia (RICHLAND) in Richland County, South Carolina
- Serves as the central point of contact for all IT and telecommunications hardware/exchange/repairs to include: printers, card scanners, pagers, telephones, cell phones, receipt printers, etc.
- Serve as the back-up to other help desk staff members in the performance of their duties and continue cross-training so all members will be able to assist with all help desk duties.
- Support end users to ensure proper use of data phones, PDAs, data cards, VPN, tokens, etc.
- Must stay current with ever changing technology to provide this support.
- Support video conferencing equipment, multi-function printers/copiers and emerging technologies.
- Assist with documenting help desk procedures and ensuring latest processes are documented in help desk guide.
- Assist in maintaining proper IT equipment and telecommunications equipment inventories.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to serve on rotating on-call schedule for after hour coverage.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements: A high school diploma and experience in office automation systems, data communications system design, installation, operation, repair, sales or marketing, or processing of information in a data processing environment or related systems. An associate's degree or a bachelor's degree in a related field may be substituted for the required work experience. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements: An associate's degree or higher in the field(s) of computer science, healthcare, and/or teaching. OR One year of experience in IT, healthcare and or teaching.
* Must submit a resume with application to be considered for this position.*
Experience with electronic medical records, specifically Nextgen systems, is a plus. Moderately complex knowledge of capabilities and intricacies of systems and applications. Ability to understand and carry out complex technical and non-technical instructions and requests. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and written formats, to both technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to work effectively with multiple users, vendors and other IT personnel.
Requires entry into, and work within, SCDC facilities. Requires significant travel among facilities within the state, not overnight. Rotating on-call responsibilities; Hours vary as dictated by the need for coverage of all shifts.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $36,233.00 - $46,786.00 Annually
Location: Richland County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 010231
Closing: 4/10/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AM62
Position Number: 010231
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $36,233.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $46,786.00
Opening Date: 03/26/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; Candidates must apply on-line via the South Carolina State Jobs Website: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services 803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM) Hours/Week: 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210