SOC Telemed Senior Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting and Internal Controls in Reston, Virginia
SOC Telemed (SOC) is the largest national provider of telemedicine technology and solutions to hospitals and health systems. SOC’s technology platform, Telemed IQ, enables life-saving patient care through teleNeurology, telePsychiatry, and teleICU and empowers healthcare organizations to build telemedicine programs in any clinical specialty. SOC provides healthcare teams with industry-leading solutions that drive improved clinical care, patient outcomes, and organizational health. The company was the first provider of acute clinical telemedicine services to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and has maintained that accreditation every year since inception.
Our vision: to connect patients to the highest quality clinicians at the right time—regardless of proximity.
Our mission: to systematically optimize how healthcare is delivered, partnering with healthcare organizations to bring clinicians and patients together. By providing the foundation for our partners’ telemedicine initiatives, SOC Telemed increases access to care, eases transitions between acute and post-acute care, and improves patient outcomes in a measurable way.
The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Internal Controls is a key leadership role reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Finance, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting. This person will be responsible for the preparation, review and filing of all SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other periodic filings as an integral component of this position, this individual is responsible for the design, testing and performance of the associated controls. This individual will coordinate with both internal audit and our external auditors for SOX ICFR and financial statement audits. This position is the key point of contact for the Company’s stock option and stock purchase plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the management and preparation of SEC financial statements (periodic reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q) and other SEC filings (Form 4s and 8-Ks, Proxy Statements) in compliance with GAAP and SEC rules
• Supports the planning and coordination of external financial reporting timeline with key stakeholders
• Supports the preparation of the financial statements and drafts management’s discussion and analysis (MDA), including all disclosures
• Reviews financial statement supporting documentation. Prepares adhoc financial analysis, as required
• Supports the preparation of financial statement disclosure checklist
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly deliverables for the Disclosure and Audit Committees
• Prepares quarterly and year-to-date earnings per share calculations
• Researches accounting literature and applies technical standards and analysis of complex or non-recurring transactions
• Assist with documentation of technical accounting memos, detailing facts, circumstances, and accounting treatment of complex accounting transactions including ASC 606, ASC 842, ASC 805, ASC 850, ASC 480, and etc.
• Monitors and assists in evaluating FASB/SEC/PCAOB reporting developments. Supports accounting initiatives, including financial reporting and disclosure implementation of new standards, as they are released and become effective
• Assist with the preparation of the earning press release
• Works with others on team to develop/improve documentation schedules and reports, to address analytical and reporting needs
• Team lead for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) for controls over financial reporting, including Financial Statement Review, Disclosure and Equity
• Drafts internal controls, policies, and procedures
• Serves as primary point of contact for auditors on process control testing
• Assists with other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
• 8+ years minimum relevant experience with 5+ year progressive accounting/auditing and SEC financial reporting experience for a public company
• BIG 4 experience
• CPA certification
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a major in accounting or finance. Master’s degree preferred
• Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
• Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
• Confidentiality and Integrity - must be able to represent and model integrity within the organization. Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel required
• Self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on commitments
• Ability to maintain high ethical standards of integrity and quality
• Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship
As part of its total compensation strategy, SOC Telemed provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to select benefit options that best fit your lifestyle and personal choices.
Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care)
Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
Employer Paid 1x Life and AD&D (Supplemental available)
401(k) & Roth 401(k)
Paid Time Off
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave Pay