BT Assistant Facility Manager - BT Federal in Reston, Virginia
Assistant Facility Manager - BT Federal
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The Assistant Facility Manager (AFM) will report to the Director of Security.
The AFM will oversee day to day office administration, schedule and maintain records for critical systems maintenance, participate in the physical security program, lead parcel and mail processes, assist in intra-office facility and supply planning with BT Americas, streamlining administrative practices, and inventory control. The AFM must be a U.S. Citizen. A security clearance or public trust determination may be required.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Assist in the development of the BT Federal Office Safety Program
• Assist in the BT Federal physical security and access management program.
• Serve as the Deputy Key Control Officer
• Order office supplies, maintain effective inventory management, and communicate with BTF teams to anticipate supply needs
• Coordinate with the Director of Information Technology to in-process and out-process IT physical assets per BT Federal regulatory requirements.
• Ensure office efficiency is maintained by participating in facility planning exercises for equipment procurement, layouts and office systems.
• Schedule routine maintenance and maintain records for critical systems (e.g. HVAC and custodial) and escort vendors
• Serve as emergency floor warden.
• Assist in COVID-19 back to work office preparation.
You'll have the following skills & experience
Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
• Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
• Knowledge of business and management principles
We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in the Americas. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
BT sets high standards for its employees, but also strives to provide a work environment and culture that fosters health, wellbeing, and inclusiveness. Above and beyond your base salary, annual bonus and full comprehensive benefits, BT offers health plans that empower employees to make good health care decisions. Along with a generous vacation allowance, all employees receive an additional 3 paid days per year to volunteer in their communities.
BT Federal is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
BT supplies IT and telecommunication services across the US Government through a broad range of Federal Contract Vehicles. We are capable of supporting customized managed network, security, cloud and innovative solutions that optimize the US Government’s use of terrestrial, satellite and wireless resources. https://www.globalservices.bt.com/btfederal/aboutus
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Business Support
Title: Assistant Facility Manager - BT Federal
Requisition ID: 151384