IBM Red Hat Platform Leader in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Implement cloud-native software solutions on the Red Hat platform.
• Partner with architecture, security, infrastructure, and application teams to perform detail technical Red Hat design and implementation.
• Design and implement automation of Red Hat services to support both production and non-production workloads for different industry.
• Manage the Red Hat platform and associated management tools.
• Design, implement and maintain Continuous Integration and Delivery environments for Red Hat service provisioning.
• Assist with problem resolution for cloud management issues.
• Build and share technical expertise with agile team members and other members of the organization.
• Participate in technology communities of practice to define and continuously refine standards and best practices.
• Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and creating maintainable, supportable, and testable solutions.
• Keep up with technology trends and innovations in your field(s) of practice
• Provide operational support and troubleshooting for your team’s products and services
• Provide coaching, mentoring, and training for new or less experienced team members
• Provide leadership and guidance to your team in your technical field(s) of expertise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 4+ Red Hat Solutions Architect Professional/Associate
• 5 + years enterprise IT experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, Operations, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
• 1+ year of Cloud computing experience using publicly available services Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ Advanced knowledge of the Red Hat services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• 4+ Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• 4+ Understanding of application, server, and network security
• 4+ Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• 4+ Experience with Spring, Spring-Boot, Gradle, Git / GitHub, and popular CI/CD tools is strongly preferred
• 4+ Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Kafka is desirable
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years enterprise IT experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, Operations, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
• 5+ year of Cloud computing experience using publicly available services Preferred Qualifications
• Advanced knowledge of the Red Hat services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• At least .5 years experience in business outcomes
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.